New Hard Drive but what goes on first?

Duncanf 22:51 02 Jun 04

I've just installed a new 40Gb H/D and Windows XP Home O/S. I'm aware of the varied dangers on the internet but would be grateful for advice on what to install to help prevent problems and in what order. I originally had AVG, Zone Alarm and Adaware but, looking at the selections detailed by Belatucadrus, I'm probably missing vital ones. Thanks in anticipation for some helpful advice! As I speak, a Messenger Service advert has just appeared.

VoG II 22:52 02 Jun 04

click here to get rid of the pop-ups.

stalion 22:55 02 Jun 04

this is one for your email click here

stalion 22:56 02 Jun 04

this is also useful click here

woodchip 23:01 02 Jun 04

You do not need extra just because you fitted a extra drive. It’s just like making your desktop bigger you can get more rubbish on it

woodchip 23:08 02 Jun 04

See what I mean

stalion 23:14 02 Jun 04

don't quite get your drift the above are more or less obligatary now if you are on the internet

woodchip 23:20 02 Jun 04

I use them but that's what I ment in that the more space the more things are loaded

woodchip 23:21 02 Jun 04

I use them but that's what I meant in that the more space the more things are loaded. PS if you had been in the past with a 300mb drive I doubt that you would think of putting items like we put on today

stalion 23:27 02 Jun 04

ok see what you mean would have to think twice about what you loaded with 300mb drive.But then we have to address the current situation now as you are aware there was not the threat of viruses then like we have today.Regards

Duncanf 23:28 02 Jun 04

Thanks disabled Windows Messenger...
Thanks too to Stalion and Woodchip. By the way, Woodchip I'm not intending filling up available space but just seriously asking what the vital safety programmes are. I had a virus attack on my previous hard drive!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…