New Hard Drive search never completes ????

Nonagon 18:24 05 Feb 15

Got a brand new Hard Drive back from file/drive recovery company . Plugged in to laptop -recognised instantly. Went to a file .mp3 for ITunes to play it file not found by iTunes. Decided to search drive for all files. In W7 Organise window the c,d and new drive are listed the blue dis keeps spinning and the search does not complete. Any thoughts?

Nonagon 12:25 06 Feb 15

Here's what happens: I have many of my docs backed up on the external HD music, photos, worddocs, notepaddocs, PowerPoints, and so forth).

Formerly I would (as required) SEARCH and tall related files for the key phrase e.g. “Bob Dylan” would be shown in the search window. Somewhere in the (poorly organised) library I have information related to many particular subjects.

When I need to search the content of all files on the drive, looking for a particular file or folder, a green bar goes across the address bar seeking the relevant info but stops just short of the end –the search seems to go into a loop and never completes.

I cannot figure it out.

Nonagon 12:48 06 Feb 15

I'm researching online I figure it might have to do with indexes I tried to reset indexing options but got this message:

Error 0x80096001 Occurred while troubleshooting

Nonagon 12:57 06 Feb 15

Once I click on indexing options the screen freezes and I have to start a task manager to close it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…