new hard drive niggle

JON99 20:33 20 Mar 04

I've nearly finished the upgrade of my hard drive (search "sata hard drive"). It is up and running and operational in all respects except that I get and error message to tell me that microsoft word has a "problem" and I should run setup and the repair. When I try to run setup from the ms office cd I get another error message to do with not being able to open the patch!....When I boot up with the previous drive (still connected) and try the same task I get the repair option without a problem. I'm sure I must be missing a file or something somewhere I just can't seem to work out what. Anybody got a thought?

ensonricky 20:43 20 Mar 04

You may have a problem with Windows Installer that is not recognising your office installation.
What operating system and version of MS Office are you using?

JON99 20:49 20 Mar 04

that would be office xp pro on xp pro, you'd think it would be able to sort it's self out!

ensonricky 20:59 20 Mar 04

Try using this click here I know it says Windows 2000 but it does work with XP. Select your Office installation in the resulting programme then reinstall Office XP over your existing installation.

JON99 21:11 20 Mar 04

Downloading as I write I'll give it a go and post the results.
Ta Jon

JON99 22:39 20 Mar 04

That was wonderful, office now fully installed, easy when you now how! My only remaining problem (which I thought was part of the initial one) is outlook refuses to do the send receive comand and gives me a "failed" message when I ask it.

whatever the first advise was really good thanks again Jon

ensonricky 19:35 21 Mar 04

Use your other drive to check your ISP settings have been entered correctly in Internet Options. If you can connect to the Internet in explorer the problem can,t be too serious ans is probably just related to your settings. Check via Tools>Options>Mail Setup>E-mail Accounts.
If you still have problems post the exact error message you receive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…