New hard drive fitting. From complete novice

Ghloria 21:43 26 Jan 03

My system:- Packard bell,Pulsar C300, Intel Celeron 300Mhz, 48MB SDRAM, 6.4GB UDMA Hard Disc,.(I know I need a new computor but I cant afford one). Is out of memory.
I dont use the system for games, just browsing and newsgroups with the occaisional mpeg downloaded etc.
I have never done anything like this before but I am reasonably capable, is fitting a second hard drive idiot proof or should I get it done comercially. If I can do it myself how do I know which drive to use and where to find it?
I am also thinking of extra RAM.

I have looked at previous mesages but I hav'nt found the answer to this question.

woodchip 21:57 26 Jan 03

If it's a old comp older than 3 Years consider a 20 Gb drive, Its just a mater of four screws two each side it slides into a tray on you main drive you will see a ribbon cable and a power plug you may have a spare connector on the ribbon cable. Before you fit the drive you need to set a little jumper on the drive normally at the back of the drive were the ribbon cables are connected on the top of the drive you should see a picture of the jumper positions it need setting to SL look at the other drive for how the cables connect the red tracer wire on the ribbon cable goes to ward the power cable the power will only go one way. You have then to go into cmos setup to detect the drive before you can use it

Virtuosity 21:58 26 Jan 03
  Ghloria 22:18 26 Jan 03

Thanks, it seems very easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…