New hard drive but dont want to lose settings

dave_the_red 19:08 09 Jul 04

I have bought a new hard drive and wish to use this as my master hard drive and my old one as a slave drive. The problem is i dont want to do a clean install and lose all my files and settings etc. Is there an easy way to do this?

the kopite 19:14 09 Jul 04

Dave back up all your files and folders to your hd disconnect your hard drive set up your new one with your ops connect your old drive as slave the restore all your new data to the new drive

dave_the_red 19:26 09 Jul 04

Thanks, kopite. I have just come across some software from maxtor called maxblast that will do it all for me so i think i will give that a try thanks m8.

dave_the_red 14:54 21 Jul 04

I am going to close this post because it is now resolved but unfortunately not as i wanted. I downloaded the software from Maxtor and begun to transfer everything over to the new drive but halfway through got an error message and none of my hard drives would work. Managed to sort the problem now though thanks to a little program called Ranish Partition manager. click here This software is great and highly reccomended for hard drive problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…