new hard drive

stephen1978 22:32 08 Jun 09

I have a fujitsu siemens pi 2515 (Vista) however I had to buy a new hdd for it, the old one failed.

My problem is that it will not see my hard drive during attempted install of XP PRO because I need to install a raid/sata tool so I am told. I have tried this, but it requires a floppy, so I put he files onto a USB drive but it didn't work, I now see something about integration, but don't have a a clue how to do it.

My question is this do you know how I will get round my problem and get my installation to recognise my HDD .

johndrew 10:53 09 Jun 09

The laptop should have been supplied with a Recovery Disk (CD). You will probably need to boot from this and install the OS plus whatever else is there to bring your laptop to the condition it was when it left the factory. This is for a Toshiba but it should be similar to your laptop click here

The next job will be installing all the security software you had previously and updating it, followed by updating the OS. After this comes all the other programs you had installed and any updates, followed by any backups of data files you should have made.

It would have been far easier if you had used Acronis True Image or similar to make a backup on an external hard drive. That way you could have booted from the Acronis Emergency CD and installed the backup image to your new drive. This would have left you losing only the data input between your last backup and the failure.

I am Spartacus 11:30 09 Jun 09

nLite click here lets you create a slipstream disk with the SATA drivers.

Alternatively there may be a setting in the BIOS that allows you to set the drive to IDE (PATA) rather than SATA which negates the need for SATA drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…