New Graphics Cards

Maclardal 11:59 06 Jan 09

I currently have this sytem: click here

I'm looking to upgrade with two new nvidia graphics card, Preferably spending no more than a total of 260 pounds (pound key not working...)
I've looked at getting 2 of these: click here

However I'm concerned about the mention of having to connect to the power supply, as far as I know my current cards do not have any seperate connectors to a power supply (just plugged in and they go - with the sli connector) so could anyone advise me on whether these cards would work with my pc and if not could they advise me on graphics cards that would work - preferably nvidia.

Thanks in advance

Gav5 12:52 06 Jan 09

Hi,

You'll need to check if your power supply has Pci 6 pin connectors. These cards need at least 1 each. All modern cards require power.
I'm a recent convert to ATI's new range. Much better bang for buck. If you insist on 2 cards then 2 4850's would give blistering performance.
Personally, i use a 4870 1Gb which plays all games at max settings. Then in a year i would sell it to buy the next latest card.
For your budget you could get Nvidia's 260 or maybe 280 which would be a much better use of your money if you still want Nvidia.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…