New Graphics card required???

nuffsaid 20:05 26 Feb 10

I'm running a Geoforce 8800 GTX on Windows 7 64 bit. No problems after first switching from Vista, but now graphics have gone to what seems to be safe mode type. Device Manager states that there is a problem with the card and gives an error message Code 43. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled a couple of times. I have also tried previous restore points but no success Do I need a new graphics card?

I am Spartacus 00:20 27 Feb 10

It might be worth trying Driver Sweeper click here-(Setup)-download-1655.html That version works with Win7 64 bit.

Mr Mistoffelees 02:44 27 Feb 10

From click here

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

Mr Mistoffelees 02:46 27 Feb 10

You might also want to look at:

click here

oldbeefer3 09:11 27 Feb 10

Might be worth re-seating the card too (but take antistatic precautions when you do).

nuffsaid 10:00 27 Feb 10

Tried re-seating the card, no luck. From the forum provided by Mr M, it would appear that this is a hardware rather than software issue. I will just have to bite the bullet and shop for a new card. Thanks for your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…