New Graphics card help?

Joanne1598 17:21 22 Mar 14
Answered
  • I currently have a HP p6769uk PC.
    • Intel core i7-2600 3.40ghz.
    • It has an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Card.

I'm looking for some advice on getting a new graphics card and replacing the old one with it.. as i'm wanting to use my desktop for gaming again. I want a pretty decent card that my computer wont bottleneck? aha Any help would be appreciated.

rdave13 17:41 22 Mar 14

According to the specs here it has only a 300W PSU. So to upgrade the GPU you will most certainly need to upgrade the power supply also. I'll leave the recommendation of a graphics card to the gamers on here.

Joanne1598 17:46 22 Mar 14

Newer games, such as elder srolls online and so on. Budget up to £100. I just want a graphics card that's better than my current one, doesn't have to have a crazy amount of difference to it. So would that certainly mean changing my PSU?

Joanne1598 17:46 22 Mar 14

Newer games, such as elder srolls online and so on. Budget up to £100. I just want a graphics card that's better than my current one, doesn't have to have a crazy amount of difference to it. So would that certainly mean changing my PSU?

Joanne1598 17:51 22 Mar 14

What would you recommend i upgrade it to?

Ian in Northampton 18:01 22 Mar 14
Answer

You may be disappointed at what you can get for £100. The nearest is something like the HD7790, which is around £125. For this, the recommended PSU is minimum 400w. You may want to look here - it seems Elder Scrolls online isn't very demanding graphically, so you may be able to get away with a relatively inexpensive card. You would find yourself limited, though, should you want to play something that needs more in future. I'd encourage you to try to find some more budget - and that would need to include for the supply - and probably fitting - of a new PSU. £200 would be a reasonable target all in.

Joanne1598 18:08 22 Mar 14

Okay, thank you all so much for the help!

mart7 13:39 23 Mar 14

How about the radeon r7 250 at £60 has to be better than the onboard graphics

click here a coolermaster elite 500w psu at £30

click here

And

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017