New graphic card?

Jonathon-216019 16:09 26 Nov 03

I've just bought Pro Evolution Soccer 3 for my pc. It looks good but a lot of the time things are slowing down to a crawl, especially when there are a lot of players on screen at the same time. On checking the case I see that you need NVIDIA Geforce three or preferably 4. I've only got Geforce 2 (MX 400). Will this be the cause? I don't want upgrade if it won't fix the problem. If this is the problem, I've seen a Geforce4 MX440 card for £35 on the net - would that do the trick? Thanks for any help!

Jester2K II 16:16 26 Nov 03

Well your current card is below spec and the GF4 is in the recommended spec - so i would say YES. The upgrade will help.

Simon_P 16:26 26 Nov 03

I would advise you to shop around a little

The Gf 4 MX is better than what you have but still quite limited for some games.

As with anything else you get what you pay for.

A GF 3 is better than a GF 4 mx

Your system spec will also have an effect on overall performance.

consider also the ATI cards and the Geforce FX range

If you buy a cheap card you may well be back where you are now in a short while

Gedorce 2 MX400
My friend has just got Need For Speed Underground to run on, ok, although he does get slow down...

On th eother hand me with my Geforce 4 MX440, i cant play it!

Best bet for me that i am looking at is ATI Raedon 9800SE that i can turn into a PRO version with small modification's.

Only Problem is though the £160 price tag rather than the £300.

Also perhap's a little bit information on your system might allow for a bit more help!

ace121pk 16:45 26 Nov 03

besides the graphics cards, if your running win xp, the restore feature also slows down performance, turn this off (presuming ur running win xp) it will help, just a suggestion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…