New Grahics Card-Games Keep Crashing

JFT 21:43 24 Mar 03

I have recently upgraded to a new nVidia Geoforce Ti4800se 128MB from a GeoforceMx420 and some games i could previously run now keep crashing or won't run at all.I am running a Dell Dimension 4550 with a 2.53GHz Pentium 4 and 512MB ram under Windows XP Home Service Pack 1.When the games crash i often get the following error message:
The instruction at"0x771c741a" refrenced memory at"0x00163528".The memory could not be read.
I have tried contacting the cards manufacturer(Leadtek) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated so i can enjoy my SUPPOSED graphics upgrade.

User-312386 21:47 24 Mar 03

did you have a graphics card before?

if not you need to disable onboard graphics in BIOS

Djohn 21:58 24 Mar 03

Have you removed all traces of your previous card, (GeoforceMx420) before installing the new one? Have a look in device manager, and see if there are any yellow question marks, or exclamation marks showing a conflict of drivers.

Klondyke_Pete 22:09 24 Mar 03

Are you using the latest detonator drivers?

If not try them click here

JFT 22:11 24 Mar 03

As regards 2 previous responses i have totally removed the previous graphics cards drivers using a driver cleaner, and device manager shows no conflicts.

PSF 22:16 24 Mar 03

Have you checked in the BOIS that AGP4x or 8x, if your motherboard supports it, is enabled.

Also try increasing the AGP aperture to 128mb also in the BIOS.

professor 00:07 25 Mar 03

just uninstall the problem games and reinstall the problem with games is that when you run them the first time after the installation they detect your graphics card and normally you cant change it once you have,bottom line:the problem games are probably still thinking youre on your old mx420 and not your nice shiny new GFti4800

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…