New gpu installation help

AlexanderNeedleman 05:54 20 Dec 14

Hi , i have an acer aspire x , its a micro atx desktop with an AMD E2 6110 4-Core processor 1.5, a 220 psu, 4gb of ram and 500 gb hdd. anyways so im looking foward to buying more ram in the week since i want to use this pc for gaming, and i also bought a dedicated GPU. It is a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 1GB ,and i just cant seem to get it to run. I have been using the integrated Radeon R2 for games but it isnt gonna cut it, so i uninstalled catalyst, all the drivers, did a clean with ccleaner and everything, shut down my pc and inserted into the pci e slot. only to find a black screen. nothing i do seems to fix it, but i tested it on another pc and it worked so it doesnt seem to be any hardware issues. What sucks is that i can not change any of the graphics options in the BIOS because acer bios suck :( so any help is appreciated thank you :D

rdave13 08:08 20 Dec 14

Usually you don't need or want to disable onboard graphics on modern PCs. It is done automatically and you can land in trouble if you do. Remove the Nvidia card and reboot using the onboard GPU. Download and install the Nvidia drivers and shut down. Install the card on to the motherboard and boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…