New Google sign??

Buffy's mum 17:29 27 Apr 08

Hi all, not sure how to describe this, but on my pc at work, Google's logo is a square with a different colour for each side (when you look at the word 'google' on the tab). Suddenly on my pc at home, the square has been replaced by a solid blue box with a white 'M' in it. Anyone else seen this or know what it means? thnks!

Gray Goo 17:45 27 Apr 08

right click and choose properties/change logo and see if the original big blue G is in the drop down.

Buffy's mum 17:48 27 Apr 08

Right click on what Gray Goo? I've tried the tab and there's no 'properties' option? thnks

Gray Goo 17:49 27 Apr 08

Have you installed maxthon browser

Gray Goo 17:50 27 Apr 08

Is this on your desktop?

Buffy's mum 17:50 27 Apr 08

not that I know of! Mind you, the pc has been playing up lately and we had a chap come round about three weeks ago to try and sort it. How would I find out if it's installed?

Buffy's mum 17:52 27 Apr 08

no Maxthon icon on desktop anywhere.

Sea Urchin 18:02 27 Apr 08

Where is the "Google" logo your talking about?

Buffy's mum 18:02 27 Apr 08

just googled Maxthon and the 'M' is different - the one on my tab is a normal 'M' with a slight forward slant to it. ta!

brundle 18:05 27 Apr 08

Use AIM Deadlink as described in this post; click here

The M icon sounds like Microsoft Knowledgebase one click here

Buffy's mum 18:13 27 Apr 08

Hi Brundle - yes that's the one. It's Microsoft Knowledgebase. Does this make a difference or can I stop worrying about it? thnks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…