New (Free) Zonealarm V.5.0.590.015 Update Problems

albu 13:48 27 May 04

I downloaded and installed the new update v.5.0.590.015 of the free Zonealarm firewall.Then my AOL 9 broadband went sluggish then failed to respond as XP Home went very slow and sluggish.

A system restore solved the update issue but now the previous version fails to work properly,no icon is in the system tray and the main program fails to open.It may be a TrueVector service problem but as the main program cannot be opened then I'm at a loss?

A security check at symantec/securitycheck shows all is safe for now?

The zonelabs forum shows many problems with the V5
update?

Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Thanks

Fruit Bat 13:53 27 May 04

Seems tobe causing a problem when updating over the previous version. Try uninstalling and deleting all zone alarm files and a clean install of v5.

Stuartli 15:23 27 May 04

I installed the latest ZA update over 4.5.538.0 about a week ago and it's doing the usual splendid work in the background.

fsbb 15:52 27 May 04

Updated over previous version without any problems. The latest version has an AV monitor which could not detect my AV (AVG). Switched this monitor off as a couple of my friends found it caused problems!!!

Not a fix for your problem may may help others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…