Is the new free Opera producing spyware

rawprawn 10:13 22 Sep 05

Since I downloaded and started using Opera, each time I scan I am finding between 5 and 9 different adware. These include Media Motor, 180solutions.search assistant, Trojan Downloader.win232 and others. I didn't have this problem before. Anyone else noticed an increase in spyware? I am going to stop using Opera for a while and see what happens.

rawprawn 16:08 22 Sep 05

^

octal 17:43 22 Sep 05

It doesn't make sense, why would they want do that? I have the Linux version and have found nothing untoward when I ran my AV.

rawprawn 18:20 22 Sep 05

I agree, however the only other thing that has changed on my computer is a new monitor, and I can't believe it is that.I have not visited any "dodgy pages" I just can't figure out where they are comming from. I am used to picking up the odd Data miner or Avenue, but this I don't understand.

Obviously since nobody else has come back, there must be another reason besides Opera, as I know quite a lot of people downloaded it when it became "Free"

octal 18:51 22 Sep 05

I must admit, I've still got IE on my Linux machine because I run MS Office by necessity, I visited ONE site with it and I got a Trojan. So it shows how easy it is.

That reminds me, I must remove it, the poor little thing doesn't know what to do with itself, so I'll put it out of its misery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…