New forum area for SP2

Forum Editor 18:32 26 Aug 04

We're starting to see an increase in the number of threads about Windows XP SP2 as the download rate from the Windows update site begins to accelerate. It seems to make sense to keep all SP2 threads in one place, so we're adding a special SP2 forum where we can more easily deal with the questions that arise.

We hope that the forum will appear at some point on Friday, so watch out for it in the blue list at the top left of your pages - where it says 'Registered Users Area'.

Once we're up and running I'll begin moving all SP2 threads over to the new forum from here, so keep posting in the helproom for the time being.

This thread is also appearing in Consumerwatch.

powerless 18:35 26 Aug 04

Splendid ...!

Djohn 18:55 26 Aug 04

I'll have to get busy supplying Powerless with the answers! ;o)

VoG II 19:13 26 Aug 04

Lets hope all the threads are not titled "SP2 - Help!"

AubreyS 19:17 26 Aug 04

Just for VoG™

CHAIRLEG 19:39 26 Aug 04

Put new ink carts in printer,ready to print out your fixes before i dare to consider installing sp2.With your help i will then be happy to go ahead.Many thanks for all your help so far,don't know how i would manage without you all.

stalion 19:47 26 Aug 04

what's sp2?. no really very good idea F.E. we are bound to be inundated with problems on this excellent.

mammak 21:35 26 Aug 04

Great FE as already i am sooo confused,
not like me at all lol,
well i can try and kid my self and other's mabye Not!.

powerless 21:36 26 Aug 04

Please consult your Dummies book. Although I don't think it will be SP'd 2'd - in fact no it isn't. ;-))))

what all the fuss ive had no problems and i didnt want to install it just wait till next month when its on cover disk thats going to fun for some folk

johnnie_mcdougall 22:06 26 Aug 04

I asked the MSN premium guys about the problems I had been getting, and told them I had uninstalled it because of the problems i had been getting (general slowdown, no right click on icons) they couldn't direct me towards a fix and told me to reinstall it. I said no.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…