new folders in programmes list?

Mike Mills 21:01 15 Jan 04

Hi all, I am running XP Home and was wondering if anybody could advise me on how to create some "new" folders within my programmes list, so i can group similar programme types together (it's getting a bit full/messy when I click on 'start' then 'all programs'!)
Any advice greatly appreciated....

Pesala 22:27 15 Jan 04

So I'll tell you how to do it in Windows ME. Hope it is not totally different in XP

Right-click on Taskbar, properties, advanced, advanced again, to edit the start menu folders.

Can also be done from Windows Explorer, just by navigating to C:\Windows\Start and adding new folders, then dragging shortcuts around. First method may be better.

Once you've added a new folder, you can rename, sort, move shortcuts from the Start menu itself using mouse right-click.

VoG II 22:30 15 Jan 04

Or right click the Start button and select Explore all Users. You will then be in Windows Explorer pointing to your programs lost and you can create folders, drag n drop and so on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…