New Firmware 4 Netgear DG834(G)

phono 23:26 12 Feb 05

For anybody that has a Netgear DG834 or DG834G router, there is a Beta firmware upgrade at the following link, click here I have been using it for a while now without problems, it adds some VPN wizards and so forth.

But remember, it's a Beta release, so try at your own risk.

phono 08:30 17 Feb 05

Oh well, no one seems interested.

ensonricky 09:29 17 Feb 05

Beta Beware

GibsonSt19 10:44 17 Feb 05

And it's fine, but that doesn't mean it will be fine for you.

phono 19:41 18 Feb 05

As I said in my first message I have been using it since it was released and have not had any problems so far.

anchor 19:54 18 Feb 05

How do I check what firmware version I already have?. When was the beta version released?.

What are VPN wizards?.

phono 20:04 18 Feb 05

Access your router from your browser in the usual way using http: // 192.168.01/ then enter your user name and password, the defaults are admin and password, you should now be at a page called Router Status, at the top centre your firmware version is listed.

VPN wizards are wizards to help you set up a VPN or Virtual Private Network, in other words you can use a computer on the Internet to securely access a private network.

phono 20:09 18 Feb 05

Forgot to add, I have been using the Beta version for at least a week now, the router is permanently left switched on, and has been I migh add, since I first got it nearly two years ago. It has never given me any problems at all.

ensonricky 16:28 19 Feb 05

Usual guidance applies, if you're not currently experiencing any problems leave well alone especially if as it's a Beta. phono, what previous version did you flash?

phono 20:01 19 Feb 05

The router initially came with v1.03 and was subsequently updated to v1.05 before flashing to the Beta mentioned.

ensonricky 20:26 19 Feb 05

I only asked because like you I started off with v1.03 which required a reboot of the modem/router about once a week.

However since updating to v1.05 about a year ago I have never dropped a connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…