New Firefox4 inovative interface...

Graphicool1 13:46 28 Jan 11
  northumbria61 13:50 28 Jan 11

Interesting !

northumbria61 13:56 28 Jan 11

Graphicool1 - are you using/trying out Firefox4 BETA by any chance?

Graphicool1 14:23 28 Jan 11

No, I'm still using the current version (1.9.2.3989). But I'm prepared to give 4 a go when it's officially released. Just as long as I can revert back if I don't like it?

GaT7 14:30 28 Jan 11

I wonder if you were to install it in a another folder (via Custom install) would both versions work OK? I mean having 2 separate FF installs? G

Graphicool1 14:32 28 Jan 11

Having seen this new idea, if I can get used to it, I think it would be better for me. I hate the clutter that is usually at the top of a browser.

If, like me you have a small monitor screen it takes up nearly a quarter of the viewing area and that's without all those add-on search bars.

I've been recently thinking that it might be good to have the buttons running vertically down the side of the page and have a floating or hidden search bar.

Graphicool1 14:35 28 Jan 11

It might be worth trying.

GaT7 14:46 28 Jan 11

Yes, I guess it would. Initially I thought the Profiles may clash, but I'm now thinking it'll probably create a separate one.

Anyone using FF4 Beta can try out the Home Dash addon click here. G

rawprawn 14:49 28 Jan 11

I think I may try it using Acronis "Try & Decide" option.

rawprawn 15:09 28 Jan 11

Mmmm, well that didn't work, I loaded 4 beta and then Home Dash but when I closed FF it wouldn't re open and I tried rebooting with no luck. I have had to revert back.
I may give it a go without Acronis because I think Try & decide may have caused the problem

rawprawn 15:27 28 Jan 11

Giving it a try, very quirky, I bet it takes alot of getting used to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant