New to Firefox - two questions if I may

Chris the Ancient 19:29 27 Mar 05

Seeing as how everyone out there raves so much about Firefox, methinks 'I'll give it a go!'

First impressions...

Easier than I thought

Somehow, seems cleaner and crisper than IE

Always opens maximised

And I love those tabs!

So... my question...

As I already have the very neat Google deskbar, (highly recommended deskbar.google.com) I don't really need the Google box on the Firefox toolbar. Not earth-shattering, but can I get rid of it?

The other question...

Is there a method of spell checking in Firefox?

Ta

Chris

Chris the Ancient 19:49 27 Mar 05

Cracked removing the Google bit.

Now... that there lack of spell checker...

octal 19:53 27 Mar 05

For spelling try this: click here

I've not been able to get it to work in mine, but it might be something to do with my set up.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 27 Mar 05

To get it to work you need to

1.install spellbound (allow acess to spellforge)

2.install windows spellcheck libray (allow acess to mozilla)

3 install dictionary

all links on spellbond install page click here

Chris the Ancient 20:21 27 Mar 05

I've done that (with a struggle) and it all does what it should.

Loadsa thanks to you.

Chris

octal 20:25 27 Mar 05

Well done!

Fruit Bat /\0/\, I run Linux, I've given up on it and cut and paste from KWrite instead. No one seems to know what the problem is.

plsndrs3 21:29 27 Mar 05

Added to 'My Postings' for me to try the advice from Fruit Bat /\0/\ [as I have never been able to get Spellcheck to work and it shows!] after the Bank Holiday.

Thanks

Paul

gudgulf 23:52 27 Mar 05

There is a use for the "Google" box you have just got rid of......There are many different search engines you can add to that box and access by the little arrow to get a dropdown menu.For example you could set it up to use a Microsoft search or ebay or Amazon etc etc.You can choose which is default search engine.I find it useful to keep as well as the Google toolbar/deskbar.

SEASHANTY 12:39 28 Mar 05

^

Stuartli 12:47 28 Mar 05

If you click on the Google icon there are already a number of search engines listed, plus an Add Engines choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…