New Firefox released

canard 11:00 16 Sep 04

click here Scroll down for Firefox 1.0. So far it's working OK.

rawprawn 11:21 16 Sep 04

Look click here

iscanut2 12:58 16 Sep 04

canard

I am using version 0.9.2. Will the new PR1 version install over this or do I need to uninstall old before installing new ?

plsndrs3 13:36 16 Sep 04

I cannot get rawprawn's lnk to work, so am reposting
click here

Nuts - you need to uninstall previous versions as the program then seems to load better.

I am now on version 1.0 without any problems.

HTH

Paul

€dstowe 13:40 16 Sep 04

I have installed the new version on top of the old without a problem.

One point, though. The Google toolbar is not compatible with the new version of Firefox.

mbp 13:46 16 Sep 04

I have always read from the Mozilla site that it is recommended that you should uninstall an existing Mozilla program before installing the latest version. FWIW!

rawprawn 13:55 16 Sep 04

I have just installed it on top of the other with no problems, yesterday I uninstalled the old one andinstalled this one, and got problems. There is no justice. It seems fine now.

Diodorus Siculus 13:55 16 Sep 04

€dstowe - nor are a number of extensions which I miss, in particular the tabbrowser extension upon which I came to rely quite heavily, without realizing it.

Similarly, ieview, firesomething, copy plain text and Basics are all listed as incompatible.

Still, I like some of the new features.

rawprawn 13:57 16 Sep 04

Sorry don't know why it didn't work.

plsndrs3 14:21 16 Sep 04

rawprawn

plsndrs3 14:28 16 Sep 04

rawprawn - only reason I mentioned it was ro explain why I was posting the same thing!

Diodorus Siculus - did you try the link on the previous page supplied for new extensions? I went though listing 'all' and most of the ones I had are there. Extensions are renamed - but Google is there. Also, tab is in the new version - Icon now looks like a page coming out of a fax with a green plus on it [?]

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…