New to Firefox - quick question re Video Clips

Technotiger 11:15 16 Nov 06

Hi, I am now using/exploring Firefox, never used it before. I think I am going to like it as opposed to IE. Question - my Homepage is MSN, when I try to run a News Video Clip, it says I must download IE6 in order to be able to view these clips???

Does not make sense to me! Any suggestions please -
i.e. what happens when I download IE6, will I still be in Firefox? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Cheers

skidzy 11:24 16 Nov 06

Hi Techno

Have you Javascript enabled and java in tools/options/content you will need both enabled.

Technotiger 11:26 16 Nov 06

Hi, Yes, enabled.

Technotiger 11:28 16 Nov 06

Also, when I clicked on Download IE6 (as requested in Firefox) I am sent to the IE7 download??

Cheers.

skidzy 11:31 16 Nov 06

Does this play in FF Techno click here
it works here or is it just news clips the problem ?

VoG II 11:33 16 Nov 06

Try IETab click here and use it for Microsoft sites.

Technotiger 11:36 16 Nov 06

Yes, most amusing, that played fine - I know how the guy feels!

Gonna look at VoG's now.

Cheers

skidzy 11:48 16 Nov 06

The one problem with Firefox Techno is not all pages are compatible as in IE,VoG™'s link should help.

The Javascript issue can be a pain,now with earlier versions of FF i had a prefbar but sadly its not compatible with FF2 this use to give you the quick option of enable and disable the javascript menu as opposed going to tools/options/content/ok.

So if you find a prefbar compatible,let me know :-))

There are some addons for FF to speed it up for you,such as Fasterfox click here and Firetune click here

both help with FF

Technotiger 12:11 16 Nov 06

Hi, I have now installed IE7, again, but am keeping FF as my default browser. I am not able to view news video clips within FF, but I can within IE7 - so, simple answer is keep both FF and IE7, use as required, with FF as my default. Now I shall have best of both worlds, as they say.

Thanks for all your tips re add-ons etc. Case Resolved.

Cheers All.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017