New Explorer windows open minimised

bugszi 10:38 03 Feb 03

Recently whenever I click on a link in Explorer (v6 Windows 98)the new window appears on screen minimised instad of opening a new full screen window. It's really irritating to have to manually max every new window, but I can't seem to find an option to change this.

jazzypop 10:42 03 Feb 03

See the similar thread at click here - if the solution that I outlined doesn't work (it may need a re-boot first), follow the link for a registry edit that should work.

Lozzy 10:45 03 Feb 03
  MAJ 10:48 03 Feb 03

Do you mean minimised to the taskbar, or minimised in the fact that it is smaller than full screen? If it's the latter, click on a link and drag the new window to the size you want it. Then minimise that window to the taskbar, using the "-" in the top right corner, revealing the original window, with the link you clicked. Close that original window, using the "x" in the top right corner. Then restore the window from the taskbar and close that one in the same way. Now all your windows should open at the size you dragged the new window to.

Hope that makes sense to you, bugszi.

bugszi 12:13 03 Feb 03

Thanks Maj

Smaller than full screen. Made sense & worked.

dormouse 19:23 02 Mar 03

Oh thank you. I've recently found my new explorer windows opening smaller than usual. Really irritating to have to keep maximising them. You have saved me from insanity. I must have made a window smaller at some time for some reason and have been stuck with this default. Have to remember for the next time. Microsoft knowledge base hand no infor on this. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…