New Evesham Comuter!

sharpe 18:22 05 Mar 03

Just got a new Evesham computer today
2.8 GB, 120Gb H/D, 512 DDR Ram. and an LG F900P monitor. Windows XP home version.

Tried to set it up, (Made difficult by the fact that Evesham supplied a monitor with a 2 pin mains connector plug, still mistakes happen and I managed to swop the leads off my old Dan computer.

My problem is that I connected the signal lead coloured BLUE turned on the monitor and computer (minus the speakers and all the other bits) and all I get is a signal going from top screen to bottom saying " self diagnosis, check signal cable, no signal"

What have I done wrong???
Anyone help.
Thanks

powerless 18:30 05 Mar 03

The monitor is not recieving a signal from the graphics card.

4 Reasons why this maybe the case...

1) The connections are not firmly pushed in.

2) The graphics card has become unseated, open the case and make sure it is reseated.

3) The cable is damaged.

4)Another reason which is not one of the above.

sharpe 18:40 05 Mar 03

Hi Powerless!

1) Connections are pushed in firmly.

2) The cable is probably ok because I exchanged it with the one off this one

3) The machine was delivered by courier and so it could have been dropped. The complication is that I have turned the main computer on with the hope of running it up. Windows Xp greeting and registering screen will be up and running even if I can't see it so if I shut it down without going through the proper procedure will it not "cock Xp up"
Phill

powerless 18:47 05 Mar 03

No you won't "cock Xp up"...

Just hold in the power button for a few seconds and it will switch off.

Then open the case. Touch your hands on the metal part of the case. Lock your eyes onto the graphics card... and just see if its loose... If in doubt take it out and put back in...to be certain.

Djohn 18:49 05 Mar 03

sharpe, in your first post you say, "Evesham supplied a monitor with a 2 pin mains connector plug" and that you replaced it. But what about the other cable, the one that goes into rear of PC and supplies the signal!

sharpe 19:01 05 Mar 03

It seemed to be a loose video card
Cheers everyone!
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…