New Epson C62 compatabile cartridges showing empty

neko 15:50 09 Oct 03

I have bought compatabile cartridges from Choice stationary, as previous threads have suggested, for my Epson C62. They work just fine but my status panel shows no ink.
The people at Choice stationary are excellent and immediateley sent out new cartridges.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
I have tried cleaning them but they work fine, drivers are up to date and even the old 'on off' at the wall does not work.
Epson's site was as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Hope you can help!

clayton 16:42 09 Oct 03

Have you tried status monitor 3 from epson site.

simongy 16:44 09 Oct 03

if its not an official epson cart it may not have a chip fitted which is recognised by the printer. epson always insist that their carts shud be used against 3rd party ones: of the same quality and which are a hell of a lot cheaper.

pj123 16:51 09 Oct 03

C62 cartridges are chipped cartridges. You may need to go to the Epson site and download the latest "Status Monitor" which is Status Monitor 3. Give it a whirl and see. I have not had any problem with any ink cartridges from Choice Stationery. I have four Epson printers all using chipped cartridges, you may get a message saying that the installed cartridge is not original but just OKing it causes no problems.

neko 17:16 09 Oct 03

I'll download the Status monitor and see how it goes.

neko 17:26 09 Oct 03

Your a clever bunch.

I take back what I said about the Epson site although their trouble shooting didn't help.
I had downloaded the latest drivers but the status monitor was a seperate download.
I guess I had better let Choice stationary know as I have got free cartridges off them:) Saying that though the previous Epson cartridges showed the ink level.

I have just printed a photo off with Choice stationary's ink and it appears to be just as good as my photos from the epson cartridges. I recommend them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…