new emal client required

chippy+ 21 Jan 13

hi needing help i have 4 family pc's 3 pc's with windows 8 upgrade, 1 with xp pro which can,t take w8 the windows pro has outlook express with virgin media email. the other 3 w8 pc's have thunderbird installed i have installed the free offer of media center on one of the w8 pc's but to get media center on the other 2 it means i need a different email address for each pc running w8 according to microsoft what is the best way to add different email client addresses to the pc,s with thunderbird installed, i need to get this fixed out before the offer ends thanks chippy

lotvic 21 Jan 13

You could use Hotmail or gmx.co.uk addresses or Yahoo etc etc. Just go to their homepage(s) and create the email address accounts. You don't need to collect them on your pc's if you don't want to, just have them as Webmail. If you decide to collect on your pc's then you just create a new pop account in Thunderbird and enter the server details so TBird knows where to go to collect them (the pop server settings will be on the homepage(s) site where you create the email address account)

alanrwood 21 Jan 13

Do you mean how do you set up several email addresses in T/B or does lotvic's anwer give you what you wanted to know.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message