New email where from? having spam issues!

Internetwhizzkid 19:51 05 Dec 07

Hi
ever since I have had my hotmail.co.uk email address I have always had spam from free vouchers to slimming pills! I already have the filter enabled to exclusive but i stilll get them.

so this is why I am asking does anyone know of any great email service that is easy to use no spam and also compatible to download into email applications such as windows mail etc

what do people think of bluebottle?

if people can recommend some good places other than yahoo msn and aol that will be great

Thanks
Ben

Graham. 19:55 05 Dec 07

Since joining Sky in March, I haven't had a single spam. I have 4 addresses, so there's a lot of traffic.

Babou 20:07 05 Dec 07

I find the spam filters in google mail very effective - the spam folder fills up but very little rubbish gets into the inbox. Fastmail.fm also has reasonable spam filters.

The key to avoiding spam is never to give your email address to any even remotely dodgy site or where it will appear on the web, eg a forum. I keep a couple of email addresses just for using where it's likely to be picked up by spammers, and use a "clean" one for personal correspondence.

My work email was spam-free for years and years, until I wrote a couple of bylined articles recently that went on the work website .... and bingo, spam city.

johnnyrocker 23:37 05 Dec 07

try click here mailwasher?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced