//some 3rd party need geo

New email client - suggestions please.

Buachail Mór 15:04 18 Nov 03

Can anyone please recommend a good email client for me?

It must have multiple pop3 accounts facilities (i.e. to pick up my email from different accounts and keep them separate); good filtering is a bonus; good support for Spam Plugins too.

If possible, I would like a shareware client (i.e. try before I buy) or freeware would be even better. But I am not adverse to paying for the right machine.

I have Outlook 2000 but want to move away from it as I am about to give away my Office 2000 to a friend who needs it more than I do - I am a happy convert to OpenOffice.org.

DieSse 15:09 18 Nov 03

Outlook Express is more than good enough - what's more it's free.

Installer 15:54 18 Nov 03

I agree got to be Outlook Express.

Buachail Mór 16:41 18 Nov 03

Thanks for that; any more?

Pesala 17:06 18 Nov 03

This now has the option to view mail from individual accounts, form Newsgroups, or from all accounts. The M2 database concept is different to other email clients. I like it, and find it helpful to have it integrated into the browser. click here for an overview.

BarryKeith 17:27 18 Nov 03

Mozilla has an inbuilt e-mail client that will do what you want.

Belatucadrus 17:53 18 Nov 03

Mozilla has just been upgraded to version 1.5 click here it's well worth a look, both for browser & e-mail

BarryKeith 18:27 18 Nov 03

Pegasus mail is'nt bad.

soy 18:43 18 Nov 03

Eudora: click here

Eudora has 3 modes:

Paid-for mode, Sponsored mode (completely free but with a small ad) and lite mode (free, but has fewer features).

Pegasus mail: click here

Pegasus has more tools and features than any other client and its completely freeware. BUT is a bit complicated to use!

Incredimail: click here

An email client with humour and fun

The Bat! : click here

Very good email client, one of the best I've used but its shareware. Theres a trial period to test it out for yourself.

And of course, theres Outlook express, which I currently use. Its very simply and easy to use.

Buachail Mór 18:49 18 Nov 03

I have been using Mozilla since version 0.8 and forgot completly about its email client... I have used a minimum install of it for so long that I forgot its other capabilites.

Over to Mozilla Mail it is then...

Buachail Mór 20:09 27 Mar 04

And now onto thunderbird!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…