new email address set up

picklsey 06:16 08 Jun 05

i am trying to install a2 squared they say they will send me a code to activate it but i beleave there is a problem with aol blocking emails from them is there a way i can set up another email account to receive this code.xp home sp2.thanks.

Never again 08:13 08 Jun 05

Just set up a hotmail account and follow the sign up link.

click here

It takes about 5 minutes

Andsome 08:16 08 Jun 05

NO WAY would I be prepared to stand nonsense like that from AOL. I would use another ISP. Who the hell do they think they are? A Squared is a VERY respectable program and is used by almost everyone who I know.

picklsey 08:32 08 Jun 05

Never again...thanks set up account could you be kind enough to tell me how to access this sorry trying to do everything in a rush got a docs appointment in 30mins. will check later.

Andsome... i will be checking with aol later been with aol for years and no intention at present of leaving them this appears to be the first problem i have with them then again it be how i have my pc set up.thanks again for replies.

Never again 22:34 09 Jun 05

To access a hotmail account and get instant pop ups when you get a new email then download MSN messenger.

To do this follow the links to messenger from the msn home page on the right hand side.

alternatively, go the the msn homepage click in the link on the right to hotmail and save it to your favourites

or go to click here

best of luck

picklsey 04:03 10 Jun 05

Never again

once again thanks for your help on this managed to get a2 installed and running will install msn.cheers.

CurlyWhirly 08:17 10 Jun 05

I had a similar problem with AOL blocking the a-squared domain entirely and as I had forgotten my password I couldn't log on to access the forum.
After lots of complaining to AOL they said that the reason why they blocked the domain was that lots of AOL members were pressing the REPORT SPAM button instead of unsubscribing so the *real* blame lies at the door of AOL members.
However in a recent thread posted on the a2 forum one of the a2 admin team wrote:

[QUOTE]"Could you please contact the AOL support and tell them that they should please unlock all emsisoft.com domains?

They are blocking our servers from time to time because we are sending many newsletter emails to AOL customers and some (stupid) users always classify them as spam.

Our newsletter is not spam and it respects all US and EU spam laws."[/QUOTE]

As the matter is now resolved they have decided to change their subscription policy thus:

[QUOTE]"To avoid being blocked again we removed all @aol.com email addresses from the old newsletter subscriber list. But all aol users can manually subscribe to the newsletter in the Control Center again.

Additionally we created a double opt-in mechanism to subscribe. That means that new subscribers will get an email including a link to confirm the newsletter subscription.

So from now on nobody can say that he got unwanted email from our servers.

Christian Mairoll
[a² Team] - Administrator"[/QUOTE]

I hope this helps to explain things!
Cheers.

picklsey 12:50 10 Jun 05

CurlyWhirly

explained and understood thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…