New Email Account

piggylen 11:00 08 Dec 08

Hello
I am new to this site, and am having all sorts of problems with my email. I hope someone can sort me out, as Orange Helpline are hopeless. I use Outlook for my email(.fsworld.co.uk)and when I went onto broadband, I chose to go with Orange using their Livebox thingy. That meant I had to have an Orange email account (.orangehome.co.uk).
I want to be able to get all my emails when I click on Outlook rather than having to log in to Orange Home. Also, I have found when I send emails from outlook, some replies end up in Orange home. I am totally confused, and almost ready to throw my computer out of the window. Can somebody Please help, in clear, simple English. Thank you.

rawprawn 11:25 08 Dec 08

Which version of Outlook?
However if you go to Tools > Account Settings and follow the instructions you can set up an account for each of your email addresses.
I don't know anything about Orange so if I have misunderstood please excuse me.

piggylen 11:43 08 Dec 08

Thanks for the reply It's Outlook 2000. I have managed to follow the links through Tools - Accounts and have set up an email account, but when I click on 'send & receive' I get a box saying 'please enter your user name and password for the following server'. The username and password appear to already be there, but when I click on OK it disappears for a few seconds then comes back up and won't go away until I click on cancel. It then comes up with the following error message. click here
Help!!!!! x

rawprawn 11:47 08 Dec 08

What have you got entered in the POP (Incoming server)and SMTP Outgoing Server settings. For example mine is mail.btinternet

rawprawn 11:50 08 Dec 08

I think you have given me a wrong link, your shows PCA Log in password and keep me logged in options. Which is nothing to do with Outlook.

rawprawn 11:58 08 Dec 08

I have found this on the Web
FSmail cannot be used through Outlook, Outlook express or any other email client.
Fsmail is Freeserves own version of webmail, only available from Freeserves home page".
click here

piggylen 12:27 08 Dec 08
  rawprawn 12:40 08 Dec 08

Have you read my last post

"FSmail cannot be used through Outlook, Outlook express or any other email client.
Fsmail is Freeserves own version of webmail, only available from Freeserves home page".

piggylen 13:16 08 Dec 08

Thanks for that. Not sure I am much further forward though. My fsworld account works fine in outlook???

rawprawn 13:38 08 Dec 08

For Orange Emails try pop.orange.net and smtp.orange.net

rawprawn 13:40 08 Dec 08

Should have said make sure you type pop.orange.net in the space don't miss out pop
the same with smtp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…