New E-Mail Notifier

s99Raj 21:56 07 Nov 04

In certain movies you sometimes see someone siitng at their computer and when they get new e-mail up comes some wonderful animated or otherwise message in the middle of their screen to say new e-mail has arrived. Does anyone know of any (preferably) freeware that does something similar?

I'd like something to pop up for a second or two on the screen, with or without sound, and in the middle of whatever I'm doing to tell me that e-mail has arrived from someone in my address book (in Outlook Express).

Anyone know of anything that can do this? (I think it's possible in Outlook but not in Outlook Express, which is what I want it for.)

Diodorus Siculus 22:00 07 Nov 04

Try mailwasher: it will make a noise (any sound file you want) when a amil arrives and will even tell you if it is junk.

VoG II 22:00 07 Nov 04

You can do the sound from Control Panel, Sounds.

Diodorus Siculus 22:02 07 Nov 04

Or click here

click here for some more options

VoG II 22:05 07 Nov 04
  wallbash 23:32 07 Nov 04

I use Popeeper , used in Outlook Express and now in thunderbird

D G 08:10 08 Nov 04

I use pop peeper,it's excellent you can read or delete mail without downloading it,it works independently of any mail client,Diodorus as already provided a link to it.DG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…