New e mail account problems

Mr "B" 09:42 20 Oct 06

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have recently installed a PC in my workplace which involved installing another user account for outlook express. It all works fine but i keep on getting a warning message coming up saying: "either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client". Can anyone help and tell me how to resolve this problem.
Cheers.

Taff™ 09:52 20 Oct 06

If you want Outlook Express to be the default, open OE and then Tools>Options - on the General tab select the default button.

If it`s Outlook, Open the program ant Tools>Options - on the Other tab tick the relevant box.

johnnyrocker 09:52 20 Oct 06

it would seem that you neeed to set oe as default which should stop outlook from prompting.

johnny.

Mr "B" 10:18 20 Oct 06

Taff - when i go into the options and general i can see the option to make default but it is not highlighted to allow me to click on this. Any suggestions.

Taff™ 13:10 20 Oct 06

Are you logged in as an administrator on your system? I think this might be the problem.

Mr "B" 14:53 20 Oct 06

I think that would prob be it cause the pc was my old one and i've given it to my work and had to change the e-mail account so it sounds like it might well be that. How do i change it so i change it to the administrator?

Taff™ 08:38 21 Oct 06

Which Operating System is it? There may be a group policy set by IT that prevents users on the network changing settings. How big is the network & who set it up at work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced