New DVD writer

Migwell 00:00 06 Jul 04

If you were going to replace one of your drives i.e. DVD player or CD writer / player, with a DVD writer / player. Which one would should you do away with. Or to put it another way, which one goes and which one should stay?

Smegs 00:03 06 Jul 04

Migwell, is there a point to this? Has a drive gone, or have you only got one bay for the drive? Have you considered external? DVD/CDRW.

hugh-265156 00:05 06 Jul 04

depends on the speed of your current drives.

if you purchase a new dvd writer you definetly dont need the old dvd rom drive any more but your cd writer may still burn cdrs and cdrws faster than the new dvd writer will.

THE TERMINATOR 00:29 06 Jul 04

You could replace the CD writer. Because the DVD writer will still burn CD's and then you can use the DVD drives in tandem. Then again as huggyg71 says you could be burning CD's at a slower speed, Personally I would take out the DVD -ROM drive....TT

kjrider 18:26 06 Jul 04

I have taken out both in mine and just have my DVD writer.

For most things I need its fine, as it does everything.

Unless you are heavily into CD or DVD writing is OK.

Migwell 05:42 07 Jul 04

I have a CD re-writer 48 speed and a normal DVD player. I just wondered was the best to do away with to make room for a DVD writer, and wanted to know the best one to keep or throw away.

Thanks M

picklesy 07:49 07 Jul 04

if you have usb2 why not buy an external drive,i think they also work with firewire.

have you considered trying to copy a CD direct from a CDRW to a DVDRW or vice voce works a dream without all the mess of creating a temp file for copying just using either CDRW or DVDRW on their own

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…