New DVD +RW disc Full???

mikegm7 12:33 09 Jun 04

I have just placed a new DVD+RW disc in the caddy to record some digital footage only to be told "the disc is full". What am I doing wrong??? (memorex discs)

christmascracker 12:42 09 Jun 04

Have you tried another disc?

Smiler 12:44 09 Jun 04

What is telling you that the disc is full?

Smiler 15:00 09 Jun 04

Any more info?????

mikegm7 15:07 09 Jun 04

I have a new NEC all dancing DVD-R/RW. (-/+) The memorex discs are new...didn't try a different disk. I got the message saying you have files waiting and ready to burn..when I carried on, I got the message saying the disk is full!!!

TomJerry 15:11 09 Jun 04

I also had difficult with memorex discs with my Liteon 811s +-rw. But I do not have any problem with other brand I used. for good discs, try click here or click here.

TomJerry 15:15 09 Jun 04

Are you using XP's CD recording function? It does not work with DVD. If you have another DVD/CD burning software installed, please disable XP's Cd recording function to avoid any conflict. My computer, right click CD/DVD drive, select properties, select CD Recording, untick this XP's CD recording function.

mikegm7 15:22 09 Jun 04

Thanks. You have just repeated what NEC Support said. ie XP will only burn CDR/RW NOT DVD. I shall follow your tips. Thanks to you all. Something else i've learned today

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…