NEW DVD REWRITER CAUSING PROBLEMS????

andywg 12:57 21 Oct 04

After adding a Benq Dw1610 Dual Format DVD Rewriter to my PC system, a bigger PSU, and checking everything was ok in the device manager (it was)..I tried to burn a file onto a dvd using InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2 which came in the bundle.

It started ok then after a while I got the good ol blue screen saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL this happened again twice more.

Searched the helproom & did as advised on another question, tested memory, checked Dev Mngr...both ok! Then tried prime95 and it came up..FATAL ERROR:rounding was 0.4986971509, expected less than 0.4. Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file, which I did but am just getting more confused by all this!

I am running Win XP Pro with SP2 etc and the processor is a AMD Athlon XP 1900

Everthing seemed fine till this

PLEASE HELP...

Many thanks...

andywg 12:58 21 Oct 04

Forgot to mention.. Benq helpdesk say its nothing to do with the drive!

Cook2 18:48 21 Oct 04

<bump>

<bump>

<bump>

<bump>

jimv7 19:01 21 Oct 04

How much ram have you, check that it is seated correctly, if you have 2 or more ram sticks, try them 1 at a time, change them over.

JonnyTub 19:33 21 Oct 04

That particular message is related usually, and 9 times out of 10 to memory access, seeing as it's only happening when your trying to burn a disk, (which is coincidentally a peak memory usage time), make sure you have dma enabled, if it is enabled, then try it without and see if the error message pops back.

To enable (or disable) dma, right click on my computer, select properties, (new box comes up) from the new dialogue box select the hardware tab and then click on device manager, from here expand the entry "ide/atapi controllers" right click whichever ide channel your drive is installed on select properties, on the box that comes up select the advanced settings tab, from here enable/disable dma.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…