New domain

Scoundrel 07:06 19 May 05

I have recently purchased click here to use for my slot car club (EAHORC)and made a copy of the web files that contain my current site.

The files were in My Documents/My Webs/B&G Lawns and the new web is saved as My Documents/My Webs/EAHORC

As things stand the current site is click here (listed in the files at index.htm) and the slot car website branches off of it ( click here )

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that if I rename the copy of eahorc.htm in the new files to index.htm it will appear as click here but I don't want to do it until i'm sure.

If that is right I guess that, next time I run Frontpage, I open the new files and then change the URL to the new one prior to publishing.

Regds - Deane

bosmere 10:36 19 May 05

Scoundrel your question may do better in the WebDesign forum.

Fellsider 10:44 19 May 05

If you rename both index pages as BGLindex.htm and EAHindex.htm appropriately, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Or am I wrong?

octal 10:50 19 May 05

Crikey! All this Front Page stuff sound compicated, I use it at work and hate it. At home when I want to upload files to my web site I work on them locally then when I've finished simply upload them with an FTP client, just like moving files in Windows Explorer.

I can confirm the first page file should be index.htm, so re-naming it makes sense. Re-reading your post closer, it sounds like that it should work in Front Page OK what you've said, always keep a copy of all you files elsewhere in case you make a pigs ear of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…