new device unrecognised by XP

riccochet 18:48 29 Aug 05

I am trying to install a pinnacle systems Dazzle DVC90 video capture unit to a windows xp home + sp2 computer. It plugs into a USB2 port, but I get a message 'unrecognised device' also suggesting that the unit is faulty. I have returned the unit to Pinnacle and had a replacement supplied to me with no improvement. Many restarts, removing and re-installing the software - both Pinnacle and windows xp, and a long correspondence with the pinnacle helplne have not solved the problem. The device manager sometimes adds a dazzle dvc90 to the 'sound video and game controller' list with the correct driver but with a large yellow question mark. The error message there is 'Device can't start code 10'.
Any ideas will be welcome, thanks

Technotiger 19:15 29 Aug 05

Hi, have a look here, might give you a clue - scroll down the page to Article Numbers to find Devices help. NB - the error you are receiving is not just confined to Pinnacle/Dazzle, it appears in respect of many different hardware problems.

click here;en-us;314464

Good luck.

Cheers

octal 19:18 29 Aug 05
  Technotiger 19:20 29 Aug 05

Me again - octal's click-here is the same one I was trying to direct you to.

Cheers.

PC Bilbo 19:24 29 Aug 05

Try this article in M.S. Knowledge Base. It relates to your symptons.

click here;en-us;902274&spid=1173&sid=global

PC Bilbo 19:27 29 Aug 05

Sorry that link won't work .Go to Microsoft Help and Support and look up Article I.D. 902274

octal 19:32 29 Aug 05

Hope you don't mind, just to make lfe easier:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:46 29 Aug 05

1. Unplug the device and unistall it.

2. Unistall and reinstall All the USB ports.

3. Make sure you have USB2 drivers installed look for the word Enhance in the USB drivers.

4. Install the drivers for the Dazzle device

5. plug in the Dazzle device AFTER you have installed the drivers.

riccochet 12:57 30 Aug 05

Many thanks to Technotiger, octal,PC bilbo,and Fruit Bat /\0/\ for their responses to my problem. It will take me some time to work through the ideas offered as i don't have exclusive access to the computer but I will try out all the suggestions.

woodchip 14:44 30 Aug 05

Have you tried loading the Software and drivers first as some will only recognise this way of doing it. don't know why they just do

riccochet 15:33 07 Sep 05

I have tried all the suggestions made by you helpful people but without success. I am going to boot the dazzle dvc90 into touch and go and do something else instead.
I guess that the unit is just not compatble with windows xp+sp2 despite the makers claims.
Thank you all for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…