new desktop pc and is this true

Jade 14 G 18:52 04 Mar 07

Am thinking about buying a second pc, not into entertainment. Used for word files lots of emails and doing paint shop pro work on it.
Just been looking at Dell but do they all sell base unit's seperate from moniters.
Also friends husband just bought first pc and has had to buy a windows cd extra for £199, his wife told me but maybe she has it wrong but l thought you wouldn't get it working without windows, some are selling like Dell moniter and base seperate but l want to be able to buy them together but a 20ins screen as this one is 15 and nothing fits am always using the bottonm to get the full screen into view,
Can you help,
Jade

Try this company you can pick and choose what you want click here

wjrt 11:07 05 Mar 07

click here

on left side panel click on advertised offers then new page opens click on green button marked ecatalogue new page opens scroll down systems to Dimension E520 with e-code UKDHSONL-D03EO6a for £449
when configuring reduce the support services option to 1 year collect and return which should bring the price back down to £449 valid for another couple of days should be system with 20" monitor

Gongoozler 11:26 05 Mar 07

Regarding buying the computer and Windows separately, this is possible. The only time I can think of this being an advantage is if you are scrapping the old computer and so are able to transfer the license to the new one or if you want to install a non-Windows operating system such as Linux. When you buy a PC with Windows pre-installed, it will be an OEM version which is MUCH cheaper than the retail version. Compare click here with click here

Without an operating system a computer will only get as far as the BIOS reporting that it can't find an operating system.

Jade 14 G 12:11 05 Mar 07

I though the same as you that they wouldn't get far without windows, am seeing her at the end of the week, will do some finding out, thanks for the link.
Jade

Jade 14 G 12:11 05 Mar 07

I though the same as you that they wouldn't get far without windows, am seeing her at the end of the week, will do some finding out, thanks for the link.
Jade

wjrt 21:42 05 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017