New Dell PC

mdshamilton 14:19 26 Aug 03

I'm looking for a new PC to replace my 5 year old Gateway P2 400. Last year at this time I was advised by someone who ran a local PC shop to wait until early September as that's when Intel usually release the next line of faster chips, thereby lowering prices on all their existing chips.

The PC I like most is click here and the "E-Value Code" is '200 D52REV'.

Is anyone aware of this September Intel chip upgrade cycle? Does this PC offer look good, or should I wait another 3 weeks in the hope of a lower price? This offer apparently ends 30 August. If you don't type the E code in Dell's website the cost for the same package is nearly £2,800! Advice please? Package spec below:

PC spec:

Intel 875P 3.0Mhz
XP Home
Lexmark X75 Printer
4 yr warranty
1024Mb DDR RAM
No floppy drive
240 Serial ATA RAID drives (2x120Mb 7200rpm drives)
Dell 18" UltraSharp Analogue/Digital FP Monitor
128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics card
16x DVD drive
4x DVD+R\+RW
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Sound card
Altec Lansing ADA 995 Dolby Digital Speakers with Subwoofer
MS Works 7.0
Optical Mouse, Dell multimedia keyboard

malgall 17:04 26 Aug 03

it is a fact of computers if you wait a couple of months you will see your same computer for 100 or 200 pounds less your dell 8300 is a beast what a monster you hav to accept in 6 months time the same machine will be 100s of pounds cheaper but i can bet it will be a few years before you need to upgade.
only you can say when to buy
just dont worry about it could drop by 30 or 40 pounds change which dell will not pass on for a few weeks you could end up waiting for ever

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…