new dell km973 battery differences in price/quality

willyv 15:16 PM 04 Dec 12

hi all, after some probs with charging my dell km973 battery is finally showing 5 lights on battery test so should probably be replaced. There seems to be a vast difference in prices from around £15 to £75. Can anyone recommend a seller or type. The current battery has lasted 3 years which is pretty good. Please let me know as Id better order soon!! Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 PM 04 Dec 12

More cells = longer life = more cost so if you want longer battery hours you will need the 12 cell rather than the 9 cell.

Don't pay for brand name eg Dell Toshiba etc. as batteries are often just re-branded and price increased.

I bought a cheap £16 for my Toshiba last year and its just as good as the original.

Make sure you go through the correct charge re-charge cycles to get the best from your battery if you do not do the first cycle correctly then then battery will not last long at all.

willyv 17:02 PM 04 Dec 12

cool, so an unbranded from a certain action site would be the deal then?

onthelimit1 18:43 PM 04 Dec 12

Even branded ones only last a few (3-4?) yrs, so you have nothing to lose. just make sure the 'well known auction site' seller has a good reputation!

willyv 19:45 PM 04 Dec 12

i'll be laughing if i got that but the laptop will probably blow up by then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…