new dell km973 battery differences in price/quality

willyv 04 Dec 12

hi all, after some probs with charging my dell km973 battery is finally showing 5 lights on battery test so should probably be replaced. There seems to be a vast difference in prices from around £15 to £75. Can anyone recommend a seller or type. The current battery has lasted 3 years which is pretty good. Please let me know as Id better order soon!! Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 04 Dec 12

More cells = longer life = more cost so if you want longer battery hours you will need the 12 cell rather than the 9 cell.

Don't pay for brand name eg Dell Toshiba etc. as batteries are often just re-branded and price increased.

I bought a cheap £16 for my Toshiba last year and its just as good as the original.

Make sure you go through the correct charge re-charge cycles to get the best from your battery if you do not do the first cycle correctly then then battery will not last long at all.

willyv 04 Dec 12

cool, so an unbranded from a certain action site would be the deal then?

onthelimit1 04 Dec 12

Even branded ones only last a few (3-4?) yrs, so you have nothing to lose. just make sure the 'well known auction site' seller has a good reputation!

willyv 04 Dec 12

i'll be laughing if i got that but the laptop will probably blow up by then!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message