New Dell 9150 but cant install BT Broadband

Major Disaster 21:23 26 Dec 05

Hello,

If you could please spare a moment from playing with all your new lovely things could you please give me a hand with mine!

I was lucky enough to get a pretty much top of the range Dell Dimension 9150 for christmas with an intel pentium D 830 processor.

The problem is when i try to install BT Broadand drivers and BT Help (from the disk) on my new system i get the error message "BTSYC~2.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

This results in setup saying i have 33MHz processing power (i have 2x 3.0 Ghz) no memory (i have 2 x 250GB in Raid Mirror) and No USB ports (have about 6) and so cant install as i do not meet minimum specs.

It has installed fine on my other old pc and laptop and am wondering whether its anything to do with my new system being 64 bit and maybe the sofware only designed to work with 32 bit, as a guess.

Any ideas of a fix would be much appreciated!
Thanks and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Major Disaster 21:40 26 Dec 05

Sorry it says "BTSYSC~2.EXE has encountered a problem.." not BTSYC (note extra S)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks again

VoG II 21:44 26 Dec 05

Solution in this thread click here

Major Disaster 21:58 26 Dec 05

thansks for the help Vog but...

First time i got the error (after it installed a bit and rebooted) i uninstalled and tried to reinstall bt, so i dont have any "Install the drivers up until the point where you get the error message, and fail the minimum requirements check".

I tried it anyway, but got an error message of no dial tone or could not open port (sorry not specific)

Now i just get the error straight away. It goes Click Install > Accept EULA > Checking Specs > Error. No software installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Major Disaster 17:35 27 Dec 05

I searched through the install CD manually and ran setup.exe to get the basic divers again. Then did what you said Vog and now all is well.

Thanks for the help!
Much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…