New default Excel 2003 workbook

exdragon 16:53 25 May 10

Hi - I'm sure I should be able to do this, and have followed the instructions from the Help section here as well as from various Googled sites.

All I want to do is set my default workbook to open with row heights of 20 instead of 12.75.

I've created it, saved it as a template in XLSTART but can't get it to present itself when I open Excel. If I choose File > New, it's available for selection in the right hand pane, but surely I should be able to get it to open automatically?

It's bound to be something really obvious. OS is XP, Excel is 2003

VoG II 16:58 25 May 10

If you name the template book.xlt then that template should be loasded automatically.

exdragon 17:26 25 May 10

That's what I would have thought and I've done it several times but still get the original workbook opening first. I've also tried deleting everything I've created this afternoon and started again, but I'm obviously getting something wrong.

I've done a search for XLSTART and see there are two, one in Programme files/MS/Office11 and the other in the normal place (Docs & settings, Application data etc)

exdragon 17:30 25 May 10

It was going in to the MS Templates file, not the MS Excel file.

Huh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…