new connection hardware query

edmoriarty 12:38 16 Feb 06

I tried this on the networking forum, but to no avail. Maybe I'm better off in Absolute Beginners!

My Broadband connection went live yesterday. My ISP sent me a free USB modem. I already posted here about getting a wireless router/modem combined, which I've decided to do. My question is this: should I wait until I've bought the router/modem combined (probably a week or so), rather than set up with the basic modem, and then change it all over in a week's time. Given I'm no genius in these things, would it be simpler to wait, or can I chop and change the hardware quite easily?

Is the CD supplied with the modem starter pack for the software (connection) or the hardware (modem)

AndySD 14:12 16 Feb 06

Who is the broadband ISP and what connection have you got (e.g. 1 meg)

edmoriarty 14:25 16 Feb 06

Hi, It's TalkTalk and its 1 meg. Thanks

AndySD 15:42 16 Feb 06

click here it looks like its their connection software and it may well be worth waiting until you get your modem.

edmoriarty 15:48 16 Feb 06

Thanks Andy. Just to clarify, do you mean, wait until I've got the modem/router all in one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…