//some 3rd party need geo

New to computing (old man)

doctor-al 21:05 26 Apr 03

Hello everybody. Im new to this computer lark but im starting to have a bit of fun with it.I got brave and decided to have a look in system properties to see what was working. I got on PCI bus properties,IRQ steering and it says IRQ table has some errors.What does it mean and can i fix it? I also found this Intel 82371AB/vxd PCI to USB universal host controller and this says the NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (code 2). There is a box that says update driver and i would have clicked on it but i would like to know what it controls first, just in case i break something. Your help would be much appreciated.

Giggle n' Bits 21:17 26 Apr 03

Win95,98/98Se or XP.

Its looking like your Motherboard drivers may have not been installed or been corrupt.

Do you know if you have a Motherboard Driver installation Disk?.

doctor-al 21:31 26 Apr 03

Running windows 98. Dont know about the disk

Kitz E Kat 22:47 26 Apr 03

Dr Al, a few things, the NTKERN.VXD is a driver file and you will find it on the 98 CD ROM. Go to the point where you were asked to update the driver and click yes, follow your nose and it will ask you to load a CD if you have one, tell it you do !! and load the 98 CD and see what happens, it should load it.Check the Device Manager, Right Click on My computer,> Properties> Device Manager, are ther any ! exclamation marks against any of the listed items, click on the item and go to Properties list at the bottom and click on that and review the info there, get back with anything you find.
What type of computer are you using is it a laptop? Are you having any probs with it, if it aint broke dont fix it!! If you fancy mucking around a good A+ book might not go astray, it will help you to get a handle on how these things work, let me know you get on .
Kitz E Kat ( Another old(ish) computer user)

doctor-al 11:06 27 Apr 03

Kitz E Kat i thank you for your help. Problem sorted. I think i must do a bit more reading before i venture into the workings of a computer again. Once again i thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…