New Computer Won't Connect To Router

Disconnected 20:50 27 Dec 06

Evening. I've got a new computer running XP Home edition. I use BT Broadband via a Voyager 210 Router. Problem: Having set up the BT software from the CD onto the new computer, it won't make the connection to the router and thence to the internet. The connection is via USB cable. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the BT software on the new computer, tried the XP connection wizard, connected the router to the new kit without installing the BT software all with no success. The connection still works perfectly with my old system. I've tried everything I can think of. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Woolwell 21:38 27 Dec 06

What Firewall are you using? Try turning it off.

Disconnected 21:46 27 Dec 06

It runs with the Windows firewall - switching it off was one of the first things I tried - no luck I'm afraid. Thanks anyway.

Legolas 21:51 27 Dec 06

Are the USB ports working ok?

Disconnected 21:55 27 Dec 06

Thanks Legolas, but the USB ports are working OK. I connected peripherals to all the ports to double-check.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:31 27 Dec 06

Can you uninstall the software and simply plug it into your ethernet card at the back if you have one. Can't see the point of USB.

GEEKSTA 23:07 27 Dec 06

can your wireless device DETECT the router?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…