New Computer Windows XP Install problems

Cameraman 21:28 28 Jun 06

Can you please help I have just built a new computer using a ASUS P5WD2 Mother board,Intel 940 Pentium D 3.2 Corsair DDR2 2GB Ram, 200GB Maxtor SATA2 Hard disc LG cd , LG DVD Writer and GeFORCE 6600 GT PCI Express ard On switching on and going into BIOS set-up
All drives showed normal it then went ahead to install windows XP (It didn’t ask at any stage to format) after 10mins of installing files, it ended with a screen stating---

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer-if this the first time you’ve seen stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sue it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (OxF78d2524,Oxc0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Although The CD rom and DVD unit is now shown in boot sequence and on screen when starting up they are not detected in the drive list in main BIOS set up
All I get now after booting is either a message saying NTLDR is missing press any key to start. I hope you can help

VoG II 21:32 28 Jun 06

click here

The usual advice is to unplug everything except the HDD and graphics card and see if it will load.

Cameraman 21:36 28 Jun 06

I have already tried that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…