New computer & security problems

knobler 20:33 02 Oct 05

Hi everybody,

Just bought a new Mesh computer which is V.Nice!

Having problems in accessing my account details on e-bay aswell as my own details on tiscali when trying to set up a new e-mail account for my daughter - ususal 'cannot display/find page' message - can't remember it exactlt - sorry. It runs on XP and was wondering whether it's my security settings? Thanks in advance.

knobler 21:20 02 Oct 05

MAJ 21:25 02 Oct 05

Not sure if it's the security settings, knobler, bring up the Status Bar and see where it's trying to connect to: In Internet Explorer go to, View > Status bar. It will appear along the bottom of your screen.

knobler 21:34 02 Oct 05

Appears to be trying to connect to the right site etc... just won't go through - just seems funny that it's security sites etc...?

knobler 21:37 02 Oct 05

Should also say that I can access the sites on my laptop which makes me think the settings are not right.

VoG II 21:41 02 Oct 05

In Internet Explorer, Tools|Interner Options, check that the settings are the same as on your laptop.

knobler 21:49 02 Oct 05

All appear to be the same :>((

knobler 21:49 02 Oct 05

All appear to be the same :>((

MAJ 21:57 02 Oct 05

Try temporarily turning off your firewall if you have one installed, knobler.

knobler 22:10 02 Oct 05

Just treid that, but no joy - I can log in to my bank though!!!!!!!!!!!

knobler 22:44 02 Oct 05

Just tried to read 'my postings' on this site and wouldn't let me in!! Does that help. Getting desperate now.

Name your price!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…