new computer please help

ianca 20:01 20 Oct 09

hi i have tried various forums but so far not found a decent suggestion. Im basically looking for a new base unit for £400 or maybe more if its worth it.

i preferably want a quad core processor as im getting into photo editing and rendering. can anyone suggest a decent computer pre built (im not looking at building one myself) system for my budget?

thankyou very much for any help.

ps this is the best i have found so far?

click here

johnnyrocker 20:12 20 Oct 09

i would forget mesh and try cougar as they seem much better builds.

johnny

Technotiger 20:18 20 Oct 09

I doubt very much whether you can get Quad Core in your price range. However, I thoroughly recommend Novatech, an excellent firm to deal with. Have a look at the last one listed in this link - though a bit over £400 ...

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 20 Oct 09

Get yourself down to Aldi and see if they have any of these left click here

johnnyrocker 20:22 20 Oct 09

might be worth having a look click here

johnny

ianca 22:07 20 Oct 09

johnnyrocker your link doesnt work.

does anyone rate medion?

i take it the one in my link isnt any good then?

thanks for the responses so far

johnnyrocker 22:31 20 Oct 09

apologies try this click here

johnny

ianca 22:46 20 Oct 09

Cheers for the link, tried building my own but the whole build totalled up to a little bit too far over my budget.

with novatech is it possible to choose not to have a monitor because i already have one and i think that would bring the price down.?

any other suggestions peeps

woodchip 23:02 20 Oct 09

I have two Medion, Laptop and Desktop. not from Aldi. But I would say better From Aldi as you get three year Warranty

User-312386 23:10 20 Oct 09

How about 1 of these click here (£239.99 inc vat) - 1 of these click here (£62.09 inc vat) and 1 of these click here (£97.74 inc vat)

Total £399.82p

Does not include a monitor or keyboard but gives you a good spec PC

ianca 23:20 20 Oct 09

Thanks madboy that sounds like a very good option. i take it putting that little bundle together would be relatively straightforward?

the medion option at aldi looks quite tempting too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…