new computer playin up

infoseeker 21:32 05 Jul 05

Hi all out there. Have got a new packard bell desk top thats givin trouble. I've done a restore and when it has booted up a window appears saying, programme i want to use is not respondig 'TRAYAPPS' load disc, i havn't got a disc. Any ideas?Thanking anyone in anticipation...Regards.

VoG II 21:54 05 Jul 05

How new is 'new'? If it really is a new puter and it isn't working then this should be up to the supplier to resolve.

woodchip 22:03 05 Jul 05

And once you say they can repair your rights are gone for a refund

lotvic 22:57 05 Jul 05

when you say you haven't got a disc, do you mean you were not given your XP CD disc when you bought the new pc?

What were you supplied with?

lotvic 23:37 06 Jul 05

so that all can help with your problem :)
copy of content received by 2 emails from infoseeker

""Er no! No installation disk was with the set up""

""no xp software installation was with the set up package""

infoseeker What were you supplied with?

johnnyrocker 23:44 06 Jul 05

sounds like a waste of good peoples time this one to me

lotvic 23:21 13 Jul 05

received from infoseeker by email on 7th July

"""Lotvic, I went back to supplier, they reckon no installation disks issued with xp now. Problem solved though. Tap on f11 at start up and restore to factory settins, this was ok as I didn't have anything on it to lose by not having material backed up. Thanx for your time...Regards."""

lotvic 23:24 13 Jul 05

please reply on the forum. The yellow envelope is for private messages, usually invited first. I have put your message up so that others can see how you have resolved your prob.

glad you got it sorted out, regards, lotvic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…