New Computer-no boot-up

klop 19:56 13 Mar 03

I have just built a new computer but when I try to boot up, all I get is a prolonged beep, which keeps repeating until I switch it off. I used an
Abit KD7 Mobo with an ATI Rage 128 graphics card and a Lucent modem connected to the mobo, nothing else. I swapped the graphics card for a PCI one I have but the same thing happened. Has anyone any idea what might be wrong?

MAJ 20:24 13 Mar 03

The best thing to do to troubleshoot the problem, klop, is to strip it down to the essentials, PSU, m/b, 1 module of *known* good memory, HDD, graphics card. Even build the thing outside of the case to eliminate any shorts. Check that you have all the connections correct according to the m/b manual.

clayton 20:25 13 Mar 03

Looks like a memory problem click here

Djohn 20:29 13 Mar 03

click here seems to point to memory! maybe not seated correctly. J.

Djohn 20:32 13 Mar 03

Sorry guys, when I read the thread there were no replys, by the time I had found the beep codes and typed the link in, I saw it was covered. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…